August 11, 2014

Dried peppermint and foot bath salt

I left peppermint to dry almost two weeks ago,
and it is finally dry.

I put some leaves in jar as they were.
Peppermint steam is great for opening nose.
And easy to use, too:

Take a teacup,
put some leaves to the bottom
and add some hot water.
Then just breathe steam.


It is not nice to drink
and as it is very strong,
that could cause stomach problems.
And as other mints,
also peppermint can cause -
if drunk much -
extra heart beats.

The jar I used, was a little boring.
So I first add a ribbon.


Then I decided the cover would be nicer,
if it has something on.

So I put the lid on to piece of fabric


and draw the lines:

To cut big enough to cover edges,
I used the lid to make marks, too:


Made it whole lot easier to cut in right side,
when had these to follow:


Then I cut little triangles to make it fit better:


But sadly, because I had only paper glue,
it turned a disaster.


And had to use plan-B:


Piece of fabric under the lid,
and ribbon around.
Little piece of cardboard as a label,
and it was finally done:


For foot bath salt my ingredients are very simply.
Seasalt and peppermint.
And mortar:

And a lovely jar I have got from my daughter years ago:


I use to crush some peppermint and salt first:


Just because that way oils will spread in jar faster.

Then I put layers in jar.
Peppermint first:

Then some salt:


And crushed mint and salt between the layers.
They could mix right away,
but I like the look o layers.


Just ribbon and label on,
and refreshing foot bath salt is ready to use:


I have already peppermint-salt in hot water
and when it is cool enough,
I'll  embed my feet in it.

No comments :

Post a Comment